I MISS HIM SO
Though time may pass, the memories stay,
Reminding me of happy days . . .
Among my fondest memories are special thoughts of you
And all the many nice things you would often say and do.

There are memories of the many times
You brightened up my days.
There are memories of your kindness
And your gentle, thoughtful ways.

There are memories of your laughter
And the times you'd smile your special smile,
Just knowing how you loved life
Made it all seem so worthwhile.

And when I recall these memories
As I go without you along life's way,
I find they grow more precious
With every passing day.

I LOVE YOU JON

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I AM SO BLESSED

Trent came home for the Thanksgiving holiday. It was so great to see him and Jennifer. Sunday evening I was over to the Lambertsons for dinner and we prepared the wedding announcements. On Monday we picked out all the men's formal attire at the tuxedo shop. While I was gone for Thanksgiving, Trent cleaned up some leaves, put the Christmas lights on the house, did my full service pools and took care of mail and garbage. In addition, he and Jennifer registered at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond, got the marriage license, and several other things, so they were very busy.

The plan was for me to go to SoCal and spend Thanksgiving with my mom, Kaylinn and Mark. David and Lesley were even going to come up from Arizona to join us. What fun! Then last week Mom fell and broke her hip, went through surgery and is now recovering in a rehab center. Kaylinn and I went to visit her on Wednesday and then again on Thursday. We stopped by Boston Market and picked up a nice turkey dinner to share with her. Mom is still in a lot of pain and our visits were pretty short, but we were able to do some things for her, like get the mail, listen to phone messages, water the plants and pick up some items for her. I went back on Friday and also put away her fall decorations and got out some of the Christmas things, including the tree and ornaments. I boxed up four dresser drawers and cleaned out a section of the closet for her live-in houseguest who will be living with her for the next month to help her.

Dave and Lesley arrived on Friday and we had a wonderful time visiting. Kaylinn made a really nice Thanksgiving meal in 5 courses. It was so nice. I was so excited Carter recognized me. He would come to me and liked to have me hold him. On Saturday, we looked at model homes and, of course, watched the BYU vs. Utah football game. I drove home Saturday night getting home at 1:15am. Now I'm sad to be home with no family.

1 comment:

  1. oh mom, it seems like everyone got to see you this holiday but me. So sad but i am looking forward to seeing you in 3 weeks and having you all to myself! I love you so much and am so happy that you had such a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete