I MISS HIM SO
Though time may pass, the memories stay,
Reminding me of happy days . . .
Among my fondest memories are special thoughts of you
And all the many nice things you would often say and do.

There are memories of the many times
You brightened up my days.
There are memories of your kindness
And your gentle, thoughtful ways.

There are memories of your laughter
And the times you'd smile your special smile,
Just knowing how you loved life
Made it all seem so worthwhile.

And when I recall these memories
As I go without you along life's way,
I find they grow more precious
With every passing day.

I LOVE YOU JON

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My First Week

I guess it's a milestone to say I've spent my first whole week by myself. It wasn't too bad as I stayed busy working out most days, taking care of pools, working at Wheelers, cooking, yardwork and working on odd projects. I had a few good cries missing Dad so much, but I manage to pick myself up and keep going forward.

Made myself go to the Relief Society craft night and actually had a nice time getting out of the house and visiting with good friends. I still don't like it much because the conversation always manages to turn around to me, "How are you doing?" "Why haven't you called me?" "Is there anything I can do?" I don't like attention on me, especially when I don't have anything good to report. My latest comment is, "I'm learning how to do this."

One problem area this week was with the Schlaich pool on Kasky Lane. Kim called and said the heater was doing weird things and was showing an error message. I don't work on heaters, first of all, but I went over to see what the matter was, yeah, acting like I knew what I was doing. Then I went home and looked up on the internet the Raypak heater instruction manuel, a tip I got from David. Sure enough, there it was. It had the code and what it meant and how to fix it. Ha ha. I went back and sure enough, I think I fixed the problem, which was easy, but at least I didn't have to hire John Park to go out for $85 and do what I did. Well, at least she hasn't called back yet so we'll see.

I went to Sarah Krause's wedding reception Saturday. It was held at a friend's home in Lafayette, up by St. Mary's college. It was a nice day so she could get away with having it outside, but it sure got cold!

























I have a new thing going to promote my getting back in the kitchen. I'm going to try several new recipes each week and when I find a good one, I will share it here. The recipe this week will be perfect to go along with the Thanksgiving feast:
Cream Cheese Apple Bars

1 pkg Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
1/2 cup firm butter
2 8-oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 TBS flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
21 oz can apple pie filling
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Mix cookie mix with butter using hands. Reserve 1 1/2 cup mixture, set aside. Spread remaining cookie mix in 9x13 pan. Cook 10 min at 350. Cool

Blend cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg. Spread over cooled crust. Mix together pie filling and cinnamon. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserve cookie mix and nuts over the top. Cook at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown (don't overcook).

Cool and cut. These set up enough to eat with your hands after cooling in the fridge for a few hours, but they are good to eat with a fork after 20 minutes, especially with ice cream. They can be made ahead and frozen. Walnut Creek Stake Relief Society

4 comments:

  1. mom it sounds like you are doing great. I love to see that you are doing things with your time and taking time to do things that you enjoy! I am taking your advice and reading your blogs and am inspired to start to do at least one thing i enjoy a week for myself. I will have to let you know how it goes. I love you so much mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are keeping up on the Blog. This is the perfect post! Just the way life is, usually the most interesting to read. I'm going to for sure try the apple bars. They sound amazing. Excited to see you in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the coolest that you look up on the internet and fixed the heater problem. I bet that felt amazing. You are learning so much in the pool world and are becoming quite the pro. John Park WHO???!!! Pretty soon you'll never have to call him ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I'm so proud of you figuring out the problem to that heater!! You are so amazing!

    I am sharing your feelings with Dad's absence. I just had a good talk with Lesley about it, and it was brought up that I didn't handle it appropriately. I was so desirous to be strong for everyone else, a solid shoulder to lean on, that I didn't go through all the emotions properly. Now I guess I have sore moments where otherwise would be healing. *sigh*

    I sure love you!

    DaVe

    ReplyDelete