I MISS HIM SO
Though time may pass, the memories stay,
Reminding me of happy days . . .
Among my fondest memories are special thoughts of you
And all the many nice things you would often say and do.

There are memories of the many times
You brightened up my days.
There are memories of your kindness
And your gentle, thoughtful ways.

There are memories of your laughter
And the times you'd smile your special smile,
Just knowing how you loved life
Made it all seem so worthwhile.

And when I recall these memories
As I go without you along life's way,
I find they grow more precious
With every passing day.

I LOVE YOU JON

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Men in my Life

Since Jon's passing, I've come to appreciate and depend on the "other" men in my life. My sons David and Trent, my sons-in-law Cory and Mark, and my beautiful grandsons Macade, Carter and Braxton.

David has been here at the house during the past difficult year . . . through thick and thin. As my eldest son, he has been such a help and blessing at this point in my life. He has been helping around the house with yard work and fixing everything from the freezer to rebuilding my computer, camera, ice maker, computer screen, auto sprinkler station, microwave, compressor, and shredder. David has also been my #1 repairman for pool customers needing a new motor, filter, turning on/off solar panels or a myriad of other fix-it tickets. He has provided much needed support, self-assurance and confidence to me in my ability to run this pool business.



Trenton arrived home from his mission the day before Kaylinn got married, April 2. He was such a joy to have in the home during Jon's illness adding lots of laughing, mission stories and help working pool routes. Jon loved having both of his boys home again. Even after Jon's passing, it was Trent that kept us all focused on the good and eternal nature of Dad's journey from here to the next life. I'm so grateful Trent could be with his dad even for those short 6 weeks before Jon passed away.


Mark and Kaylinn were married April 3. I know Mark has added such confidence, strength and humor to our family which has helped fill the void left by Jon. I have enjoyed getting to know him better during the last 9 months.


Tessa's husband Cory is like one of my own boys. I hate they live so far away but I love to see them all get together to play, visit and laugh.






My three grandsons are the joy in my life now. Dave and Lesley lived here when Carter was born and I have been able to watch him grow. He will be 1 year Dec 6. They just moved to Arizona last week and I miss him so much. He would always give me the
biggest smile when I came home.









Tessa's boys keep her busy. Macade will be 3 Nov 1 and Braxton is almost 9 months. They came to visit me here in California for a few days and then I was able to spend several days with them in Tacoma last week and had so much fun.





Braxton Macade









How lucky I am to have these 7 men in my life! Jon loved each one of these boys so much, and I am so blessed to have them as members of my family with their special talents, humor, strengths, knowledge and personalities.

4 comments:

  1. Real;y nice. You sure know how to look at the good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I love all the men in your life too. I am so grateful to be apart of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah Mom---First, I love that you're a blogger! Second, I love your posts. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how all of these boys who have come to our family just seem like they were meant to be. God sure knew what he was doing!! They are all a perfect fit!!

    ReplyDelete